This was part of my lunch today! We ate at a Japanese Teppanyaki place, and like most of the other restaurants we’ve been to, they don’t have the Western concept of “cuts of meat.” Especially with chicken! So they just start with a whole (de-feathered and usually gutted, thankfully) chicken, chop it up into bite-size pieces, and into the pan it goes. It took me a while to figure out exactly which part this was. But it looked vaguely familiar to me. Finally, after further inspection, a little awe at the precision of the cut, and a brief remembrance of Surdez’ Anatomy class and K-State’s Poultry Science, I was able to identify some key parts, which I have diagrammed for your viewing pleasure below. Who knew what other parts I had already eaten, so I had a little fun with Kristi, and on the next bite satisfactorily told her, “Um-Umm, I think that may have been the other end!”


4 comments:
WOW.....UH...YEA, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY......
I'LL TAKE TWO!
YOU GOING TO EAT THE REST OF THAT?!
MMMMMM
now if that don't get a person to laughing I dont know what will!! I love it,..."never good when you lose your eye juice"
is that really a ear hole? i never knew chickens had such big ear holes.
gina
The diagram is awesome. You remember your anatomy well. I'll take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich please.
Post a Comment